Wanna make God laugh?

You might know the punchline to the saying, "How do you make God laugh?"
It is, "Tell Him your plans."

It is true. It hit me again today and tonight about the wondrous love he has for us and me and that he has plans for me. Growing up, and I am still growing, I had plans upon plans of what I wanted to do. What I planned to do. I can tell you that not one of them had me living in California for over a decade. None of them had me marry a Mongolian woman. Now they all had me naming my first son after myself but that is about the only one that has happened as I planned. Yet it only occurred after I had decided that my lot was to be a lifelong bachelor. Again God laughed at me.


   If you asked if me back home in South Carolina about the chances of me ever meeting a Mongolian much less marrying one and taking our baby boy to celebrate Nadaam in Golden Gate Park, well I would have laughed at you and asked that you lay off the Humboldt County herb.
   Yet here I am. Here we are and filled with joy. I started writing this blog hoping to get a few readers sure but my main idea was to write things that I could print and save for my boys. It is important to pass down family history both the good, bad, sad and joyous bits of life.
  Tsengel told me the story of her older sister Byamba's last months before she died again today. I say again because she has told me before but I wanted to hear it again. It has both sadness and laughter. Her sister died a week before she flew to the United States. She had been ill for a long time and left a husband and two daughters behind along with her sisters and Dad. My father-in-law, Chagnaa, had gotten his first cell phone back when most people wore them on their waste in a case. Well he spent quite a bit of time checking himself out in the mirror for just the right spot to wear it. He tried both sides, in front, to the right and left and every which way. That simple story brought tears of laughter to both Byamba in hearing it and Tsengel in telling it.
   I was planted out here as a bachelor and a Uncle who learned how to care for a baby, my youngest nephew. Then later God's plan brought me a Mongolian belle. Thank you Lord. A decade and two boys later, God continues to bless and guide us. What is my plan now? Follow His plan.That to me is a life worth leading.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything I Have Is Yours

Brief testimony and support for my wife's mission trip