Taking time to minister

This is not a usual post, it is actually a word for word copy of today's devotion from Voices of the Faithful, available here:

http://imbresources.org/index.cfm/product/detail/prodID/1378/page/1

Ephesians 3:20Amplified Bible (AMP)

20 Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do super abundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]—
"Please pray for Mrs T. I think she's getting really close to making a decision." Our short-term missionary friend continued to meet with Mrs. T weekly.
   One such trip had been especially harried. We were running late. As I tried to turn the van around on the crowded ice hill of a parking lot, my stress grew. "All this work for someone who's probably never going to believe anyway." I sighed to myself.
   I had never been to Mrs. T's house before, so I decided to pop my head in and
say "Please be kind," a typical Japanese greeting, much like, "What's new?"
   As we stomped the snow off of our boots, Mrs. T stood in the entryway, surprised that I had come that day. "Can you stay?" she asked me. I eagerly agreed.
   She said, "I asked my husband last night if I could become a Christian. In answer to my prayer, he actually set down his newspaper and listened! He said that I could become a Christian today! I wanted to pray the sinner's prayer, but I wanted to pray in Japanese. That's why I can't believe you're here!"
   That was the first time I had ever been to her house-it was God's timing to a T! A day that the enemy wanted to take for himself turned into angels rejoicing over Japan. And not only did the kingdom gain an incredibly vibrant Christian that day, but I gained a Japanese best friend.
-Kathy, IMB missionary
Lord, I pray for a willing heart to minister today, even it is not convenient. Use missionaries in Japan to share Christ with the lost. Thank you, God, that your perfect timing is made know in unexpected ways. Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything I Have Is Yours

Brief testimony and support for my wife's mission trip