A family trek into the "Real" Mongolia?

   When people have visited my home state of South Carolina I have chided them for missing Charleston or Columbia. I have thought that Myrtle Beach or South of the Border was not the real South Carolina. I was wrong. The Grand Strand along with Dillon's best known attraction are both authentic South Carolina.

   Before visiting Mongolia I longed to limit my time in the city of Ulaanbaatar and maximize my time in the countryside or the real Mongolia. Well after ten days here I was wrong again. Both city and country are Mongolia just as both Rainbow Row and the Gay Dolphin are South Carolina.

   Tomorrow morning 28 of us head West in a convoy of five to six vehicles to the less populated areas of this nation. We will camp out, cook, visit more family, see Naadam in the boonies and I think have a wonderful time. We plan to go about 2,000 miles in our loop and get close to the Western border with the Russian Federation near Uuvs Nuur outisde of Ulaangom.

   Uuvs Nuur

So we will be truly off the grid for ten days. Pics and videos to share when we get back.



дараа нь уулзая.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything I Have Is Yours

Brief testimony and support for my wife's mission trip