Tsagaan Nuur Day 4: Time to stop, rest and recuperate

Another long day's journey over bumpy roads with more carsickness experienced by the kids brought us to Tsagaan Nuur. Our plan was to enjoy maybe 3 places for a few days each to limit the time spent in the cars. Our relatives wanted to travel far more than we wanted and hit as many scenic spots as possible. We were at an impasse. We stayed at Tsagaan Nuur in another Ger at a Tourist Camp that had actual bathrooms and hot showers. Hooray!


After a good night's sleep, our family put three beds together and slept five abreast while my sister, Aav and our driver had their own beds in our big ger, I awoke to this view.


As I hiked the hill, the clouds began to lift.


There were yet more wildflowers to examine and enjoy.


The view of Tsagaan Nuur from a lower level hill.



The lake had some nice veggies in it for play. It had wonderfully relaxing soft pebbles that helped to massage your feet as you enjoyed the cool but not cold water.


The whole crew enjoyed the lake.



There were some tough moments but they were few in number and short in duration.


We could have stayed here much longer. There was a small restaurant and a store I frequented to improve my Mongolian and money skills. I am perhaps a mid-level Tugrik dude.






This is a place I would like to revisit when we return to Mongolia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything I Have Is Yours

Brief testimony and support for my wife's mission trip